Running Windows 7 SP1 64 bit Professional with Avermedia A188 Pure DVB PCI TV Tuner
Windows up to date,
and Avermedia using latest drivers.
TV function works fine with Avermedia's software. Location Australia.
However when configuring Windows Media Center it gets stuck at the TV configuration setup in Windows Media Center - at downloading TV setup data. Just sits there - no download progress on download bar - no errors.
Have googled a number of suggestion from the internet - none have worked.
(and I don't want to reinstall Windows!)
Here's what I have tried.....
(1) delete \progdata\microsoft\ehome contents - doesn't fix the problem
(2) as admin run in \windows\ehome mcupdate.exe -MediaCenterRecoveryTask - this seems to reset Media Center OK but doesn't fix download problem
(3) combination of (1) and (2)
(4) trying to run mcupdate.exe -uf -pscn0 –dbgc causes mcupdate to exit with a Windows Media Update Manager has stopped working error
(5) trying to run mcupdate.exe no switches alone gives above error
(6) as does C:\Windows\ehome\mcupdate.
exe "-manual -nogc -p
(7) have tried turning firewall off too
None of the above have solved the problem