I have 2 users both using windows 7 pro who get an 800 error when connecting to our Server 2003 VPN from a hotel.
We have an XP and Windows 8 user who connect fine using the same hotel wifi.
Things I have tried:
1. My VPN settings are identical to the other Win 7 laptops (I confirmed). I connect fine from my location (not at the hotel), and I have windows 7 as well.
2. I had the Win 8 users disconnect and had an unsuccessful Win 7 user attempt again, to make sure this was not a VPN user limit. Still, they could not connect. The Win 8 user re-connected and got back in as normal.
3. I had the user try their mobile hotspot from their smartphone, to bypass the hotel wifi, but the user says they still cannot connect.
4. Windows Firewall is disabled for all network types, no 3rd party firewall, and only windows defender for AV.
5. I setup a new VPN connection on the Win 7 machine, and tried to log in, but same 800 error.
6. The user was connecting successfully from other locations just a week ago. This is the first time she has used the VPN in a week.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!