[2 days left] What’s wrong with your cloud strategy? Learn why multicloud solutions matter with Nimble Storage.Register Now

x
?
Solved

Server 2008r2 IIS 7 - 500 error with PHP info problem...

Posted on 2013-10-25
4
Medium Priority
?
1,144 Views
Last Modified: 2013-10-30
I have installed php 5.4.21 on a windows 2008 R2 server running IIS7.
I have followed everything for configuration in the IIS and in the php.ini according to the guides and now have the following issue:

If I create a test.php file with the classic:
<?php phpinfo();?>

Open in new window

It runs fine on my development machine (I've installed PHP before!)
I upload it to the server and I get a 500 Error.

If I run the same test.php file from the command line on the server (running php-cgi.exe) I get the output just fine (I am piping the output into a text file and then pasting that text file into a html page to display the contents correctly formatted).

Where can I start looking? Suggestions?

Regards,
0
Comment
Question by:splanton
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 58

Expert Comment

by:Gary
ID: 39600829
Check permissions on the folders/files
Have you checked the log files to see what they say?
0
 
LVL 2

Author Comment

by:splanton
ID: 39600853
Permissions all seem fine - users and system have read/execute etc.
Log files (iis) aren't saying much...
0
 
LVL 11

Accepted Solution

by:
Sanjay Santoki earned 2000 total points
ID: 39605871
Hello,

I would suggest; configure IIS to give you detailed error message on the website where you have put phpinfo file. Also, make sure that your browser is set to show detailed error message.

Addition to you can see event viwer for the detailed error.

Regards,
Sanjay Santoki
0
 
LVL 2

Author Closing Comment

by:splanton
ID: 39611633
I have had awful problems getting any browser to show decent errors! I got round it by loading firefox onto the web server and running the page on there - low and behold a 'set locale' error was causing the failure. Set the time and date locale to London and all now works.
0

Featured Post

Concerto's Cloud Advisory Services

Want to avoid the missteps to gaining all the benefits of the cloud? Learn more about the different assessment options from our Cloud Advisory team.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article discusses how to implement server side field validation and display customized error messages to the client.
Resolving an irritating Remote Desktop connection that stops your saved credentials from being used.
This tutorial will walk an individual through locating and launching the BEUtility application to properly change the service account username and\or password in situation where it may be necessary or where the password has been inadvertently change…
There are cases when e.g. an IT administrator wants to have full access and view into selected mailboxes on Exchange server, directly from his own email account in Outlook or Outlook Web Access. This proves useful when for example administrator want…
Suggested Courses

656 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question