Database Structure for User Perms
Posted on 2013-10-29
I am working on redesigning my corporate intranet, and need some guidance as to a good table layout for the user permission scheme below:
- Have a table of users each containing a user id.
- Assign each application a unique Id.
- Assign each user permissions to the application ID's that they would need.
- Create a functions table that would hold function names, such as canEdit, canConvert, canDelete, etc.
- Assign each user access to the functions they would need by either a 1 or a 0 value in the database table.
Wondering the best way to structure these tables for the best speed and performance, as well as management.
Thanks in advance!