Refer to the 2 attached screens: I believe the frequent missing path
& the Emulex Anyware showing high Buf Overruns are related.
I have this issue on 2 IBM x3850 X5 servers that are connected
to the same IBM Brocade
If we restart all the NBU services, it will be fine for a few hrs or
a couple of days.
Could this be due to
1) wrong type of ports being set on the servers' HBA or the
IBM brocade switch ports (ie N-port, F-port, L-Port
or NL-port or ...) OR
2) outdated firmware : the Emulex is just installed Q3 last
year & is used at another site (but with HP Brocade 8
Gbps switches) without such issue
3) servers' HBA are set to auto-detect speed: is this
All these while, we did Persistent Binding using HBAnyware.
IBM Brocade 20-port 4Gbps Module (P/N 32R1812) switch
IBM tape library/drives:
TS3200 (3573) w Ultrium 5 Half-Height Drives
It's not fibre cabling issue as we've changed them.
Not Emulex HBA card fault as the same card has
dual ports: one port to a Cisco MDS switch for
SAN zoning while the other port to the above IBM
Brocade switch for netbackup purpose