I installed an Exchange 2013 server, and I am configuring URL's as listed in the following technical document. My eventual goal is to have a basic network with Exchange 2013 running. I will add SSL and want to use Outlook Anywhere.
I am looking at the settings for Outlook Anywhere on my Exchange 2013 server. In this section, there are three text boxes requiring entries or choices. The first section is blank, and I don't know what to put in there. What should the entry be?
First Section: Specify the external host name such as contoso.com that users will use to connect to your organization.
Second section: Specify the internal host name such as contoso.com that users will connect to your organization.
Third section: Specify the authentication method for external clients to use when connecting to your organization.
What should I enter into the first section? Should I just enter my www.domain.com
name? What is normally entered here?
Here is some background to my configuration:
I setup a basic test domain with two Windows 2012 servers. One has Exchange 2013 installed onto it. My goal is to have a fully functional domain and a working Exchange 2013 server that can send and receive messages. Eventually, I want to use OUtlook Web Access,
Outlook Anywhere and Autodiscover. I have an SSL certificate for 5 domains that I will apply.
Here is what my domain looks like:
My Domain Name
When I installed active directory, I set it up with a <mydomain.com> address.
* I have one static iP
* SERVER1 has Windows 2012 server has AD installed.
* SERVER2 has Windows 2012 server and Exchange 2013 is installed.
* SERVER2, the Exchange 2013 server, has IIS installed with a basic web page.
* Two Windows 7/8.1 workstations are joined to the domain.
Here are the DNS settings at my ISP:
mail - points to my static IP address
autodiscover - points to mail.mycompany.com
owa - points to mail.mycompany.com
points to mail.mydomain.com
SMTP Port 25 forwards to SERVER2
HTTP Port 80 forwards to SERVER2
HTTPS Port 443 forwards to SERVER2
The Exchange 2013 Server has been assigned the following roles:
* Mailbox Role
* Client Access Role
Steps already Taken:
1. Created Send Connector. Tested and Internet recipients receive messages from test account.
2. Verified Accepted Domain, and the authorative domain listed is the one I want to use. No other accepted domains were added.
3. Reviewed the default email address policy and accepted the default SMTP email address policy already in place.