SBS 2011 Server keeps auto rebooting after RPC server error and exchange errors
Posted on 2013-10-31
Have a strange one here. We have a SBS2011 server that just keeps failing and eventually auto rebooting on it own, I have review the system logs and they are as follows:
1) It starts to fail with some DistributedCOM-Event ID 10009 errors
2) Then Service Control Manager error - event ID 7031 - The RPC Endpoint Mapper service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
3) That is when everything then goes haywire as we get as then we get another event ID 7031 when the service fails to restart
4) Then other dependent services start to crash with event ID's 7001, 7023, 7032
5) Then group policy errors with event ID 1007
6) Then schannel errors with event ID 36870 then eventually a kernel-power error and the server auto reboots
After the reboot system takes a while to come back online but eventually works again for a while but repeats these errors approximately every 1 hour
This is a VM server running on Esxi 5.0.1 and has all the latest VM drivers installed.
I am not sure what to do next as we are not getting any hardware issues on the unit (in heath status in VMWare) and it does not seem to be a resource or performance issue. Also have run chkdsk /f from safe mode and no issues found. All we have been able to determine is once the RPC service fails there is little we can do except reboot the server manually through a command prompt.
Any help you could provide with be great.