I'm in the process of migrating our MSSQL2008 database from our old (web) server to our new (web) server, by the following method;
1. Backed up MSSQL2008 database on old server - used MSSQL database backup
2. Copied file from old server to new server
3. Created a new MQL20008 database on the new server - called it the same as the old database (MyDBase)
4. Restored the database onto the new server, using MSSQL restore - all tables and data created correctly and appear in MyDBase database on new server.
5. My user login name appears in new database (JamWales), but I cannot log into the database?! I've tried;
a) resetting the password
b) setting the users default database to master
But nothing I try works - where am I going wrong?!? It is driving me nuts!!!
I'm getting the attached error and also;
Cannot open database "MyDBase" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'jamwales'.