I have a MacBook Pro 2008 256GB SSD drive that was on Leopard that crashed. I was able to get data off just before failure. I am unable to reinstall OS X Mavericks on drive due to the following error:
- File System Formatter Failed.
Heres what I've done so far:
- ATM utility cd reports good computer
- Disk Utility verify/repair shows good drive.
- Disk Utility on OS X Mavericks boot USB allows erase and format of ExtFat or Fat32 but not Mac Extended Journaled. I cycled through erase/reformat several times. Unable to reformat due to error: File System Formatter failed.
- OS X Mavericks fails to install due to "Recovery system can't be created"
- Downloaded DiskTester.app (Diglloyd.com) but can't run it from Boot disk. I put it in the Utilities directory however Boot USB doesn't show in menu therefore cant run..
- Tried to run from terminal but can't figure out how to access it.
- Can't access computer from another mac.
- How can I access a failed SSD from another Mac computer so I can run DiskTester on it?
- How can I access from terminal?
I'm ready to install new SSD drive but really wanted to run this through a diagnostic utility first to make sure it truly has failed and is the problem.
In this article we have discussed about the OS X EI Capitan and how to fix Wi-Fi issue in OS X El Capitan. We have explained how to delete system level preferences and create a new Wi-Fi location to resolve Wi-Fi issue.
This Micro Tutorial hows how you can integrate Mac OSX to a Windows Active Directory Domain. Apple has made it easy to allow users to bind their macs to a windows domain with relative ease.
The following video show how to bind OSX Mavericks to …
How to fix incompatible JVM issue while installing Eclipse
While installing Eclipse in windows, got one error like above and unable to proceed with the installation.
This video describes how to successfully install Eclipse.
How to solve incompa…