Small company (with 10 employees - 10 PC’s) has old server and want to replace with new one.
The windows server is 2003 and the most computers have installed xp os and some windows 7 os. In current setup every computer is on the same domain with all the others and with the server. On server they have created user accounts for every pc of employments. So the personal account for every person is synchronized with the server account. When an employment creates or downloads a file on his Desktop or My Documents the same files is moving to the server. The programs are installed on each computer separately (locally on each pc) and not on server.
Also on the hard disk of the server they have some folders on which everyone has access (the most are word and excel files).
So these are the processes they do every day:
- each user has his account on server.
- access to share files for employees.
- With external disk they take backup of the shared files every week.
I would like your help with choosing the right server and some tips for the right setup and automate backup process.
I have found this model Server HP ProLiant ML350p G8.
1. This server doesn’t include hard disks. Should I look for hard disks that have server specifications?
2. How to automate backup process with external disk in order the backup will transferred to another place?
3. If I install windows server 2012 the pcs with windows xp will have problems synchronize with the server?
4. Other tips before proceed to server replacement?
1. Of course... the server serves and stores your important data... why would you want anything less than server quality drives?
2. That depends entirely on what operating system you use, how you virtualize
More than 75% of all records are compromised because of the loss or theft of a privileged credential. Experts have been exploring Active Directory infrastructure to identify key threats and establish best practices for keeping data safe. Attend this month’s webinar to learn more.
Bellevue, WA, USA; Late December, 1980
"OK, folks, we nailed the IBM contract. We're going to have many meetings like this to discuss features and functions...and how to move from 86-DOS, the CP/M clone we just purchased, to our baby, MS-DOS. Thi…
This video Micro Tutorial explains how to clone a hard drive using a commercial software product for Windows systems called Casper from Future Systems Solutions (FSS). Cloning makes an exact, complete copy of one hard disk drive (HDD) onto another d…
Many functions in Excel can make decisions. The most simple of these is the IF function: it returns a value depending on whether a condition you describe is true or false. Once you get the hang of using the IF function, you will find it easier to us…