Exchange 2013 , Exchange 2007 RPC over HTTP issues during coexistance
Posted on 2013-11-05
I am in the process of cutting over From exchange 2007 to exchange 2013.
I have configured all the exchange 2007 Virtual directories with the legacy namespace
I have set the external URL for activesync directory on 2007 to $Null.
Outlook anywhere is configured and enabled on 2007 and 2013.
on 2013 all Virtual directories are configured with the external name webmail.domain.com
on 2013 I have configured the 2003url to legacy.domain.com
for the outlook provider the server and EXPR are set to webmail.domain.com
when I move services to 2013 OWA, ActiveSync, work for both 2007 and 2013 users.
RPC and autodiscover update and work for all internal computers on the domain.
the issue I am having is for 2007 users that connect over RPC over HTTPS once services are moved to 2013.
users running both outlook 2007sp3 and outlook 2010 get error that cannot connect to server webmail.domain.com. or exchange server is unavailable.
now ping responds correct, owa works on the machines just not RPC