I am an experienced web developer.
I am trying to move a Joomla site from one host (1 & 1) to another (HostGator). I AM not a Joomla developer, I have never used it. I understand that joomla uses a MySQL database.
I did the following:
(1) Using ftp, copied all the files & folder at the old hosting site to my local computer.
(2) Exported the entire Joomla database from the old host to my local computer.
(3) Set up a location to house the site content on the new host.
(4) Created a new MySQL database on the new host.
(5) Edited the file configuration.php to point to the new database.
(6) Set the variable $password in configuration.php to the new database password.
(7) Imported the exported database into the new database.
(8) Using ftp, uploaded the entire downloaded content (with configuration.php edited as previously described) to the proper folder on the new host.
(9) Tried to run the site at the new host: http://cameronweddingfilms.com/warshmywindows/
Please do this; it partially loads then seems stuck.
The "live" site is at www.warshmywindows.com
It seems like the "slider" content plus some css is missing.