This piggy backs off of my last question. I was having some trouble getting it to ultimately work how I needed it to. Probably because I needed to do it different anyway.
For repeat people answering my questions, this will probably always have to do with this Logging database that I am hacking through. With the said I will use the column names and such the way they are.
In my form I want to keep a running total: "Total Tree Footage" = "XXXXXX"
1. I added a column to the Tree table called "TotalTreeFootage".
2. In the log table there is a footage per log. To get the tree footage total, I need to add all of the log totals. Such as...
Log 1 = 20
Log 2 = 30
Log 3 = 30
Total = 80
I need the form that I enter logs for to update the "TotalTreeFootage" column in the Tree database for the said Tree by ID. Then have a requery of the "Total Tree Footage" to update based on the value in the tree database column "TotalTreeFootage"
To get to where I need to do this.
1. Open the database, select frmCustomers
2. Select a customer, hit View Projects
3. Select a project, hit View Trees
4. Select a Tree, hit View Logs
5. Type in a sample Length, sample Diameter
6. The Footage will autocalculate.
After the footage autocaculates.....
Then I want the form to update tblTrees.TotalLogFootage to be the value of the said logs "Footage" figures added together. Then the form needs to requery tblTrees.TotalLogFootage and show that value in "Total Tree Footage" in the upper right hand corner.
Man that was a typing full. I attached the database, seems like it would be much easier to get something that works.