sbs 2003 with exchange, active directory
i have one user on a win7-64 pro machine with office 2010. used to be able to connect to exchange until yesterday. now outlook shows disconnected. i did a bunch of stuff like office repair, deleted and added new profile, bunch of outlook startup switches including safe mode. here is what i have so far
when added new profile, exchange server and the user are found and underlined no problem. but when loading outlook it does not show the mail box. i had cached enable so it showed the contents of the ost from yesterday which have not been updated since. created new profile and got rid of cache check box. now outlook starts and says cannot connect to exchange it's either in maint mode of offline. server is accessible since it validates user name and server name during profile add. here's the kicker, i checked box to always prompt for credentials, i enter the users name and get the exchange connection error, so then i try entering my credentials and it connects to exchange but i see the initial users mailbox (the one that is setup under that profile)
some sort of authentication issue here but not sure on where to go from here.