?
Solved

outlook 2013 security certificate error

Posted on 2013-11-06
7
Medium Priority
?
436 Views
Last Modified: 2013-11-24
I just Joined a New PC with outlook 2013 to an exchange 2010 server. It is a SBS2011 DC. is there something in exchange I have to do or can this be fixed on the Local PC..

The error that is comming up is.  The name of the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

the error says mail.domain.com  when i open the certificate it says remote.domain.com

Anyone had this error before?
0
Comment
Question by:BBrayton
  • 5
6 Comments
 
LVL 37

Expert Comment

by:Jian An Lim
ID: 39629602
can i have a screen shot?

also, on outlook, can you do a test email AUTOconfiguration ?

this is just to confirm all settings is pointing to remote.domain.com

you might need to rerun CIEW to make sure it is mail.domain.com or remote.domain.com
(either one)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2008/10/15/introducing-the-internet-address-management-wizard-part-1-of-3.aspx <-- check on the remote (make sure it match your certificates)
0
 

Author Comment

by:BBrayton
ID: 39642648
service pack 2 has not been installed. is there a fix in sp2 for that
0
 

Author Comment

by:BBrayton
ID: 39642722
I just did autodiscover and its all pointing to mail.domain.com. how do I get it to change to remote.domain.com. autodiscover test failed.
0
Problems using Powershell and Active Directory?

Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated.  If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why

 

Author Comment

by:BBrayton
ID: 39642853
I was doing some snooping around in DNS and I noticed in the forward lookup zones there is mail.domain.com and remote.domain.com.  I looked on another SBS2011 and all there was is remote.domain.com.

Could I just delete the mail.  from the forward lookup zone?
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
BBrayton earned 0 total points
ID: 39659706
Deleted the extra forward lookup zone of  Mail.domain.com in DNS and it worked!!
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:BBrayton
ID: 39672360
I accept my own solution because it was the only one that worked.  I found there was an issue in the forward lookup zones in the DNS settings.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Path Explorer

An intuitive utility to help find the CSS path to UI elements on a webpage. These paths are used frequently in a variety of front-end development and QA automation tasks.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

You finally migrated Public Folders to Office 365, decommissioned the Public Folder mailbox database and since then, when you send an email from on-premise to mail-enabled Public Folders, you get the following error: "Misconfigured public folder mai…
Upgrading from older Exchange server to the latest Exchange server can be tiresome, error-prone and risky, without being a seasoned exchange server administrators. It can become even problematic if you're an organization that runs on tight timeline…
Look below the covers at a subform control , and the form that is inside it. Explore properties and see how easy it is to aggregate, get statistics, and synchronize results for your data. A Microsoft Access subform is used to show relevant calcul…
The Relationships Diagram is a good way to get an overall view of what a database is keeping track of. It is also where relationships are defined. A relationship specifies how two tables connect to each other. As you build tables in Microsoft Ac…
Suggested Courses
Course of the Month9 days, 5 hours left to enroll

621 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question