Hopefully this is easy.
Want to be able to browse my external company website from within the company network without using the www.
I can do this externally due to putting the @ or * DNS entries in the Go Daddy DNS editor.
What we have:
1. Our external and internal domain is the same.. so lets say: www.experts.com
2. We have 2012 DNS server
3. From inside the network we can browse to: www.experts.com
, but if we put in experts.com we get sent to the IIS of the DNS server.
4. if we ping experts.com we get the internal DNS server
5. created A record for www points to external website.. works
6. created A record with * points to external website
7. Tried to create A record with @ that points to external website, wouldn't let me.
8. on the DNS server if I put in experts.com in browser, it redirects me to www.experts.com
9. on desktop if I put in experts.com it brings me to IIS of DNS server, as stated before. I ran ipconfig/flushdns on server and desktop. Also cleared cache on DNS server and updated.
Hope this is all the info you need. Any help would be most appreciated.