Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 5551
  • Last Modified:

Room Mailbox Adds New Meetings as Tentative Instead of Accepted

Environment - Exchange 2010 SP3 UR2 ; Outlook 2010

I have been racking my brain trying to find the answer to this issue. I have some Room Mailboxes with NO Delegates and the Resource Booking Attendant checked/enabled & for some reason when sending a mtg request to the Room, a response is sent back to the Organizer as Tentative, causing the potential to double-book timeslots for that Room. If I run the Shell cmd Get-CalendarProcessing RoomMailbox, the AuotmateProcessing parameter shows as being correct (i.e. AutoAccept). There isn't really much to configuring a Room Mailbox, so what is the deal here? I am noticing this on several Room Mailboxes, yet on some others it works fine. Is there a Shell cmd I can run, or somewhere I am overlooking in the EMC that may show why these Rooms will not just Accept a mtg (or Deny if there is a conflict, which I do have configured)? I have noticed this behavior not just on the particular DB the mailbox is on, so it's something more than that. And, since this is happening to a great many a Room Mailbox, I'd rather not receive a potential solution here to delete/recreate the Mailbox :)  I think there is probably a way to resolve this that I'm overlooking.

Thank you for your help!

Let me know if you need further info...

~coolsport00
0
coolsport00
Asked:
coolsport00
  • 2
1 Solution
 
Will SzymkowskiSenior Solution ArchitectCommented:
You can use the EMS to get the information of a particular Room Mailbox. Use the following command below...

Get-CalendarProcessing "Name of Room" | fl

Check to see if "AllRequestOutOfPolicy" is set to $True. If it is use the command below to change this setting and all should be good after that.

Set-CalendarProcessing "Name of Room" -AllRequestOutOfPolicy $False

Will.
0
 
coolsport00Author Commented:
Thanks for the response Will. That parameter is already set to $False. But, one parameter I did see different from one that is working is "AllBookInPolicy" (it's set to $False, whereas for a Mailbox that's working, it's set to $True). Not sure what that parameter means though (Googling now :)  ).

~coolsport00
0
 
coolsport00Author Commented:
So, setting the AllBookInPolicy to $True seemingly was the issue. Will now need to run this globally to make sure all our Room Mailboxes are bookable (we don't have any with 'explicit' booking rights or Delegate approval, so that setting does work for us).

Thanks for the guidance @Spec01 in running the cmd to check (& thus compare) Policy settings.

Regards,
~coolsport00
0

Featured Post

Fill in the form and get your FREE NFR key NOW!

Veeam is happy to provide a FREE NFR server license to certified engineers, trainers, and bloggers.  It allows for the non‑production use of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. This license is valid for five workstations and two servers.

  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now