windows 8.1 system image recovery -- This option is not supported on the operating system you selected
Posted on 2013-11-07
I burned the Windows 8.1 ISO file from my Microsoft EA agreement website,
did the install, everything is fine, tried to do the below TEST restore
on another PC that also has Windows 8.1 installed.
How can I fix below #7 ?
1. Restart your computer with Windows 8.1 DVD I did original install with
2. Press F8 or F12 to boot from DVD
3. click Advanced Boot Options
4. click Repair your computer
5. click System Recovery Options
6. select "Windows 8.1" since this is the only option
7. get "This option is not supported on the operating system you selected"
8. I then tried again using a "system repair disc" and had the same issue