I have developed a site, where after certain functionality subscriber is redirected to a members promotional page. Where user will be shown a promotional page which is rendered in an iframe. After that; on window exit event two more promotional links entered by members are shown to subscribers one by one. The problem here is as we know iframe have some issues like
1. Some https sites doesn’t support iframe.
2. Some site returns no contents with an iframe error.
3. Payment gateway doesn’t support in iframe.
4. P3P in IE restricts to save cookies of iframe link.
5. Responsive script doesn’t work when site is opened in iframe.
We have tried with following solutions.
- Using HTTPS url as parent for iframe. (Not works for all HTTPS url and payment gateways)
- By fetching site contents using CURL. (Can’t store cookies for corresponding 3rd party url at browser).
- Open url in new tab. (It solves all the problems, but it requires 2 new tabs; hence rejected by client).
Following is flow with links for reference.
- A subscriber visits this page and subscribes for the corresponding offer/campaign.
- After subscription user will be redirected to following thanks page where he will be shown confirm email message and first Promotional page entered by user.
- If subscribe tries to exit from this page or to close the window a Leave/Stay popup is shown and at same time users second promotional page is rendered.
- If subscribe again tries to exit from this page he will be shown Leave/Stay popup and third promotional page is rendered.
All these three pages are rendered using iframe. I have used Exit-splash script to show Leave/Stay message and to load the next promotional page at same time.
Now the requirement is, I have to keep promotional flow as it is but want to solve above iframe issues. It will be better if iframe is not used.
Please help me to resolve this issue or any other suggestion I can work on.
Thanks in advance.