[ACT/PremiumWeb] Creating a Lookup from the TaskList
Posted on 2013-11-10
Application: Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2011 Version: 22.214.171.124
Browser: Mozilla Firefox vers. 12.0
O/S: Windows 2000 Professional, SPK 4
D/B Location: Cloud
I am new to ACT/Web.
I would like to create a Lookup by selecting multiple tasks from the TaskList.
How is this done?
In ACT6, you do as follows...
(1) Highlight the desired tasks
(2) Right click
(3) Choose "Goto Contact" from the popup menu
Result: You will be taken into Contact mode, showing the desired records (ie a Lookup will have been created).
I've tried the same thing in ACT/Web but it doesn't seem to work, at least the way I'm doing it.
Here's what I'm doing...
(1) I open the TaskList (it shows 40 activities).
(2) I select 5 activities --- I click the fifth task, then hold down <SHIFT>, then drag the mouse to the 9th task.
(3) I click the MagnifyingGlass.
(4) This takes me to Contacts/ListView.
(5) I click DetailView
Result: It shows 40 records in the Lookup.
I was expecting only 5.
Apparently selecting activities by dragging the mouse is not working the way I had anticipated.
I thought it may be a browser problem (Firefox), so I tried Internet Explorer. Same results.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.