One of our customer wants to purchase a an antivirus software with the following capabilities.
Please note that it has to support vSheild and agentless scanning, as well as the management console has to be a virtual appliance.
Your recommendations will be more than welcome!
BTW, from a swift check, it seems that 2 products are eligible; Trend Micro and Kaspersky.
The solution must offer at least the following functions:
· Scanning on demand and at the access of any information storage support (HDD, CD-ROM, USB Flash Memory).
· Automatic scanning “on access” (in real time) of the folders which are copied from an external support and from LAN or WAN.
· Automatic scanning “on access” (in real time) of the folders can be set to scan only few types of folders, defined by the administrator.
· Automatic scanning “on access” (in real time) of the folders can be set not to scan the archives larger than a configured size, where the size of the folders can be defined by the solution administrator.
· The paths configuration to be scanned, including at folders’ level.
· Heuristic behavior scanning by simulating a virtual computer where applications with potential risks are run, protecting the system against the unknown viruses by detecting the dangerous codes of which the signature was not launched yet.
· Scanning in archives and debugging in an usual formats series (arj, ace, cab, dbx, gzip, lha, mbx, mime, pdf, pst, rar, rpm, rtf, sfx, tar, zip).
· Capacity of selecting the main and secondary action type when detecting an infected message.
· With the complete database with spyware signatures and euristic detection of this type of program, the product should provide anti-spyware protection and allow the prevention of confidential data stealing.
· For avoiding the overloading the system resources the antivirus product must contain a single scanning engine and to be able to run the programmed scans with low priority.
· For a better protection, the antivirus solution must include 3 types of detection: based on signatures, folders behavior and monitoring the processes.
· The antivirus product should allow the automatic erase of duplicated folders or of those in quarantine, older than a certain period, for avoiding overloading the storage space.
· Capacity to move a folder into quarantine in his original location.
· The protection using a password for the access to the management console of the antivirus solution.
· Capacity to create reports based on reports model defined within the management console.
· Generating programmed reports. The reports can be exported to be viewed/printed in the following formats: CSV and PDF.
· Antivirus update to be done automatically at maxim 2 hours, but also at demand.
· Capacity to establish the downloading time of the updates.
· For the security of the update system, the update folders will be signed by the manufacturer.
The antivirus solution for servers must be licensed for the entire servers’ infrastructure and stations for which the Bidder proposes a system without virtualization.
For ensuring the safety also for the virtual media, the solution must fulfill at least the following characteristics:
· The solution must include a single virtual scanning machine which should include all the antimalware signatures, to offer a full protection and up to date and an optimized scanning.
· It must be integrated with the provided virtualization solutions and must offer the capacity of antimalware scanning, without installing an antivirus on each virtual machine.
· The management console must be delivered as a „virtual appliance”.
· The management console must include the malware outbreak detection.
· The management console must record all the operations carried out by the users within an audit journal.
· The solution must ensure the automatic update of the virtual appliance, antivirus signatures, features (product update) and of the operating system based on which the virtual appliance is built on.
· The solution must report the current status of the data center safety – protected/unprotected virtual machines.
· The solution must allow the individual update of each „virtual appliance” if more than one is installed.
· The solution must send alerts and notifications via e-mail.
· The antivirus solution for virtual environment must be licensed for the entire servers’ infrastructure for which the Bidder proposes the virtualization.
Huge Thanks in advance