I am getting the following error when trying to connect to my Oracle Database via PHP using OCI8:
Call to undefined function oci_connect()
Here is what I have tried:
- uncommented "extension=php_oci8_11g.dll" and restarted XAMPP server.
- listed "C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin" first in my environment variables and restarted server.
- made sure php_oci8_11g.dll existed in C:\xampp\php\ext.
- oci8 is not listed in my phpinfo().
- php log: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\xampp\php\ext\php_oci8_11g.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.
Here is my environment:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
- Oracle Client 11g R2 (successfully connects to my Oracle db via SQL Plus)
- XAMPP 1.8.3 (PHP 5.5.3)
Many old projects have bad code, but the budget doesn't exist to rewrite the codebase. You can update this code to be safer by introducing contemporary input validation, sanitation, and safer database queries.
The viewer will learn how to create and use a small PHP class to apply a watermark to an image. This video shows the viewer the setup for the PHP watermark as well as important coding language. Continue to Part 2 to learn the core code used in creat…