tomcat issues while doing hot/real time deployment vs manual deployment
Posted on 2013-11-12
When I do below steps command prompt
2. mvn eclipse:eclipse
3. mvn clean install
4. go to the target folder of the imported maven project within eclipse workspace and copy the generated project folder
5. paste in the C:\sftwr\apache-tomcat-6.0.37-windows-x64\apache-tomcat-6.0.37\webapps
6. go to bin by entering 'cd C:\sftwr\apache-tomcat-6.0.37-windows-x64\apache-tomcat-6.0.37' and click startup.bat
7. then go to the URL everything works perfect. UI comes and all good stuff.
But problem with above manual deployment is i cannot debug the code real time.
Now switching to other hot/real time approach steps
in the eclipse
1. click on the project and "Run As---Maven Clean"
2. and then click on the project and "Run As---Maven Build(goal as compile)"
3. and then click on the project and "Run As---Maven install"
4. and then click on the project and "Run As---run on server(tomcat 6 server)
I do not know where it is putting the latest war file. how do i know whether latest war is picking latest code or not.
I am getting all kinds of errors with spring, maven, hibernate, not found web.xml etc.
I want to make sure my latest code is properly getting deployed in the hot/real time deployment.(also want to make sure to clean all the junk in that folder before rerunning the application on server)
when i try real time/hot deployment i am experiencing all kinds of issues.
Any links resources ideas highly appreciated. Thanks in advance