Exchange 2010 disk space sizing
Posted on 2013-11-14
Good afternoon. I'm looking at building out an Exchange 2010 server and want to confirm some research I've done on required disk space required. So, as a couple general question to the experts here.
1) I was going to virtualize this in a Hyper-V (Windows 2008 STD), any issue or dead end to growth?
2) How much drive space is required "roughly" for 200 Users? They were ball-parking 300GB, which must be some amazing compression/pointer work.
3) How much drive space is required "roughly" for 500 Users?
4) Any issues with a RAID 5 configuration of the Host server?
5) What's the recommended mailbox size/user for these sizes?
I realize there are subtle nuances in all of that, but at this point I just would like to get hardware that will cover us to start and we'll build in redundancy over the years as we grow. 200 is the starting point and 500 is a year to two away.
Thanks for the insight.