We just switched website host servers and I went to update my Host records in my Forward Lookup Zone. At first, it seemed to work, but something is missing because when I try to reach our corporate website from inside our domain I get "site under construction". I know I must be missing something.
Here's what I have to work with:
companyx.com is our domain
is our corporate website
US Internet hosts our A records and that works great. External users can resolve to our website just fine. So external DNS is working.
I modified our existing Host (A) record in DNS to point to the new IP address
When I type "www.companyx.com
" in a web browser, the browser will strip the "www" out of it and just display "http://companyx.com
I know it's something simple but I can't figure it out yet.
nslookup yields my DNS server correctly
and "Name: www.companyx.com
Address: 192.185.xxx.xxx" which is the correct IP address