I have a HP ML350 G5 server running SBS 2008. I can join XP pro machnes to the domain. I cannot join any Windows 7 Pro pc's.
Trend Micro v8 is running on the server.
I have installed dotnet v3.5
I have tried the following:
- Added rollout 6 as rollout 3 doesn't seem to exist anymore.
- NSlookup http://connect
server: ml350.st2.local (which is correct)
address: 192.168.0.2 (correct)
Below this is:
*** ml350.st2.local can't find http://connect
non existant domain.
From the Windows 7 Pro pc I can successfully ping ml350.st2.local
On the Windows 7 pc network interface, I manually set the DNS to 192.168.0.2
I manually added ml350.st2.local in the DNS "Append these DNS suffixes " area.
I have tried to use the Launcher.exe program. It tells me:
"this computer does not meet the maximum operating system requirements for running client setup".
I don't know what to do now. Please advise!!