i do need some one step by step to bottleneck this issue. we are getting problem one of our file server where the issues is likely
- a group on AD created called P&S, some users are added there
- where a folder created on file server root folder for sharing, as "datariy" and then another department above folder created "P&S"
- we give permission of local admin, domain admin, administrators(group) local and P&S all as FULL permission
- slowly we discover the issue that
- 1 user of P&S group folder create sub folder under P&S, and keep files like word excel pdf etc, so 2nd user cant see fails, only folders are seen.
- similary the story of 2nd user create keep some files sub folders so 1st user cant see except blank empty folder.
- the data server is join ad to master server, beside ony file server role, avg antivirus and backup software sonicwall cdp agent installed
- we even delete the all folder inside P&S and restore data from backup, so after restoring again found same problem
- we even reset the permission start from scratch, give permission to admin domain, local admin, then P&S group.
- basically the permission from P&S are not ingertting to subfolder->further again subfolders-> and files as example scenerio
- such issues we never face windows 2003 we used but 2008 does not work similar fashion how 2003 was, this is my understanding the matrix of permission looks change
can someone assist us step by step any tips guideline or bottleneck the issue. any best software to assign sub folder and file level permission available advise plz free demo or commerical even too