HAPPY TO PAY WHOEVER CAN RESOLVE THIS ISSUE - EX2003 - EX2010 WEBMAIL
Posted on 2013-11-18
Before we start I have a basic Administrative/Support understanding of Ex 2003/2007/2010
Environment Before Issue
1 x Ex 2003 OWA server (located at the DMZ) I know, not good - Front End
1 x 2003 Bridgehead server (Master)
4 x 2003 Mail Servers
1 x 2003 Bridgehead server (Master) - Now the Front End - Firewall points directly to this server
4 x 2003 Mail Servers - no changes made
1 x Ex 2010 Hub/Cas Server - Introduced in view of migrating 2003 to 2010
What happened between the above Before & After
The OWA server was located at a COLO site hosting DMZ servers, we then move all DMZ servers including the OWA to a new site. Same COLO hosting services company and no internal/external IP changes necessary. I have since decommissioned the OWA server which is now not part of the Exchange environment.
WebMail was working fine before the move and then when I tested WebMail at the new site we received the HTTP 500 Error, Page cannot be displayed. All other DMZ servers are fine and Exchange internally and externally is fine, just WebMail failing.
Also, we have implemented a new Exchange 2010 server just before the DMZ move so that is currently in a status of coexistence and I have a couple of LIVE mailboxes migrated across and both users have full Active Sync and Web App services.
So long story short, 1,000 users on Ex 2003 have Active Sync services on their mobiles but no WebMail access. The best solution here would be to continue with the 2003 - 2010 migration as we know that works but that is going to take a few weeks so I need to provide WebMail services to 1,000 users via Ex 2003.
I have checked Virtual Directories, Firewall Rules and when other settings but happy to start again from ground zero and maybe cover the basics again as all mail services are functioning as they should be other than WebMail.
In advance thank you for your support.