• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 649
  • Last Modified:

Problems moving magento from site

Hi.

We are trying to migrate a magento site. We copied all files, we copied database, and we configures local.xml file with new db connection data. We also deleted the cache folder.

You can see the error at http://lypsso.com: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'lypsso_magento'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

our local.xml file has this:

<config>
    <global>
        <install>
            <date><![CDATA[Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:30:43 +0000]]></date>
        </install>
        <crypt>
            <key><![CDATA[095e09f0afd0a391a58bcf26e12c6a52]]></key>
        </crypt>
        <disable_local_modules>false</disable_local_modules>
        <resources>
            <db>
                <table_prefix><![CDATA[]]></table_prefix>
            </db>
            <default_setup>
                <connection>
                    <host><![CDATA[localhost]]></host>
                    <username><![CDATA[lypsso]]></username>
                    <password><![CDATA[our strange password here]]></password>
                    <dbname><![CDATA[lypsso_old]]></dbname>
                    <initStatements><![CDATA[SET NAMES utf8]]></initStatements>
                    <model><![CDATA[mysql4]]></model>
                    <type><![CDATA[pdo_mysql]]></type>
                    <pdoType><![CDATA[]]></pdoType>
                    <active>1</active>
                </connection>
            </default_setup>
        </resources>
        <session_save><![CDATA[files]]></session_save>
    </global>
    <admin>
        <routers>
            <adminhtml>
                <args>
                    <frontName><![CDATA[admin]]></frontName>
                </args>
            </adminhtml>
        </routers>
    </admin>
</config>

Open in new window


You can see we have we are trying to connect with user lypsso, but lypsso_magento is being used instead. Why?
0
gplana
Asked:
gplana
  • 2
1 Solution
 
fiboCommented:
Seems the old user name might be hard coded.
To clarify this, search for the string lypsso_magento in all your files
0
 
gplanaAuthor Commented:
Your idea was great. I found a file on app/etc/local_old.xml which has this string. I remove this file and then all works ok. I don't really understand why system takes parameters from local_old.xml but the important is that now it is working.

Thank you very much.
0
 
fiboCommented:
B-) Glad it worked, thax for the grade and points.
I remember some nightmares with suprises like yours.

B-) now look for the string "local_old" in your files, there might reside some part of the problem (and of course, recurse the problem, commenting out all the ellements in the different files)
0

Featured Post

Keep up with what's happening at Experts Exchange!

Sign up to receive Decoded, a new monthly digest with product updates, feature release info, continuing education opportunities, and more.

  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now