Need Help with Password RegEx
Posted on 2013-11-20
Need help with a password RegEx I'd like to use. I've been up on the sites, but I'm not that familiar with RegEx and would appreciate some help.
1. Must be at least six characters long.
2. Must contain at least two numbers.
3. Must have at least one upper case character.
4. Must have at least one lower case character.
5. Must have at least one of the following special characters: !@#$%*.\+
My main problem is I can't seem to match regardless of placement. RegEx patterns are good with things like, a phone number: They have a placement you match against. You do three digits, then three digits, then four digits.
Email addresses have a string with letters and number, then an @ sign, and then more letters and numbers and a dot and a domain.
We have order here. My password doesn't have necessary order. I can do "P@SSword123" or "PA$$W04d" or "paSS30r*" and note that the special character and be at any location.
I was thinking nested square brackets like this [[\w][\d][etc]] would work, but it doesn't.
I'd appreciate any help on this. Thanks.