I have a computer that was infected... Possibly due to installing minecraft off the web. The machine began popping up random weblinks in IE even when going to normal sites. To clean this system I have:
1) Updated Malwarebytes and scanned to clean the system.
2) Installed Avast and scanned to clean system
3) Running Avast preboot scan to clean the system.
4) Ran sfc /scannow
5) Reset Internet Explorer settings
6) Made sure all Windows updates have been applied, including installing Windows 8.1
Are there any other tools or procedures I could use on this system to ensure a clean bill of health and reverse any negative OS effects? The Internet Explorer does seem to be working fine now after completing the above steps. Thanks!