Sharepoint Designer Workflow
Posted on 2013-11-22
i am trying to designer a workflow which will set the due date of a task to a specific day and time weekly/monthly.
The process should work as follows:
1. A user will manually create an item in List A which triggers a primary Workflow (X) to create a task item in the List B(a task list). The workflow X completes at this stage
2. Creating an item in the task list(List B) triggers a secondary workflow (Y) which initially will set the due date to a specific date and time -e.g. 23/11/13 at 18:00hrs. All other tasks that are created afterwards should have a due date which is a week latter. e.g. Task (1) due date for following week will be set to 30/11/13 at 18:00hrs and so on for the following week's task, in the scenario outlined above.
3. Workflow (Y) will then pause until due date, and on the due date check if the "Status" column/field has been updated to "Completed".
4. If the "Status" field has been marked as "Completed" workflow (Y) will stop.
5. Please note that the "Status" field of the task created in List B is updated by the primary workflow (X) whenever an item is created in List A.
6. Whenever a new task is created in List B by Workflow (X) deletes old task before creating a new task.
What I am trying to achieve
(a)I want the secondary workflow using Sharepoint Designer 2007 to set the due date to the initially given as an example above and thereafter set new dates to be a week later - i.e. [initial due date(23/11/13)+7].
(b) I can do this using the "Created" column - e.g.[Created+7] which will give the in a week's time I want. The problem with this is that if a task is created a day later the due dates for the next task are also a day late. I want this date to be on a specific day and time every week.
(c) I have tried to create a separate "Calculated" column which adds the number of days I want to the initial due date and thereafter copy this to a new task but cant figure out how to do this. Is this possible considering that workflow X creates a new task item every time an item is created in List A
. The business logic requirs that the task in List B is created by the primary workflow, only when an item is created in List A as a check that the activity to mark the task complete has been done.
Any ideas to implement this would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am stil fairly new to SharePoint. I am using Sharepoint Designer 2007