Excel 2013 - "Not enough system resouces to display completely".
Posted on 2013-11-25
I keep getting the following message when opening up just one specific excel file. "Not enough system resources to display completely". It works for everyone else and it used to open up on my older PC. I just got a brand new PC and it does not work.
Initially, my PC came with Office 2013 x32 bit. The file format is xls. It is 82 MB. I only have the problem for this one file. The file does open normally after I restart the computer. But if I close it and try to open it again later it won't work unless I restart again.
What I tried:
- Office 2013 Full repair
- Uninstalled Office 2013 x32 and installed x64
- Disabled all Excel add-ons.
- Converted file to xlsx (file size went down to 67 MB)
- Converted file to xlsb (binary workbook - file size went down to 9 MB)
- Increased virtual memory to 13 GB; The file did open all the contents (unlike before) but it still showed the message.
Like I said the PC is brand new. It has Intel Core i&-4770S with 2x CPU at 4 cores each with 8 GB of memory. OS is Windows 7 Pro x64.
Not really sure where else to go with this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance. - ES