I inherited two Exchange 2010 SP3 servers (virtual, running on ESX 5.1) running in a DAG (2 member, with local FS as witness).
The DAG isn't configured properly, and has issues where if the FS goes down, the "backup" exchange server wont run even if you transition to it ahead of time.
I want to
1) remove the database replica from my DR site Exchange server
2) remove the DR site Exchange server from the DAG
3) remove the primary site Exchange server from the DAG
4) delete the DAG
5) uninstall Exchange from the DR site server
6) repurpose that server for my new Exchange 2013
Whats wrong with this idea, if anything, and will there be any noticeable impact on my users if I do this (assuming I don't have a DR event while Im running without the replica)?
Ultimately, Im going to set up a new 2012/Ex2013 and migrate mailboxes over to it, but that's for another question I think. ;-)