Am i able to resume the microsoft DFS synchronisation after move Data on both servers to new harddisk?
Posted on 2013-11-29
Since the data drive is not enough for more file based data, we need to use bigger size harddisk to form a bigger RAID.
Window2008 R2 Server on DL380 G7 x 2
service: DFS bidirectional file replication.
Data Drive D:\ (contain only data files)
Since the harddisk is not enough on both servers, we decided to move data to new harddiskes.
1. Create Raid5 on E:\ on both Servers
2. Disable the DFS file replication
3. Copy & preserve All access right & permissions of Data from D:\ to E:\ on both servers.
4. Exchange drive letters D:\ <-> E:\. (So D:\ is a big size raid).
5. Resume the original DFS Replication.
Please comments on my thought.
Do you think DFS Replication can be resumed even after changed harddisk?