i am wanting to install 'office 2003' to a specific (ou/gp) via my win 2003 domain gpo, which was successful when i have browsed from my master dc/dns/dhcp/gpo server & located: 'proi11n.msi' - inside my network shared folder 'office 2003'..!
question 1. i have also been reading the microsoft site and also found the below link that states i should download and install on my 'master dc' - ork.exe (resource kit) - is this correct ?
question 2. as i have not done this before i am trying my initial method and if it does not work i was then going to install 'ork.exe' as stated above.
question 3. once i am successful with the above method i wanted to know if i should only download the following only when required:
the below are my concerns as explained in url above:
- orksp3at.exe - presumably only used when i have sp3 installed on xp desktop ?
- office 2003 sp3 - used to intall sp3 via gpo to all xp desktop if required ?
- office 2003 setup.exe (enhanced version) - only if required as described ?
- office compatability pack - only if required as described ?
confused with below:
i have also found this link that mentions about 'office 2003 resource kit' and installing office 2003 on actual physical server if installs are going to be carried out across the network...im a little confused....!!!!!!!!!
- office update inventory tool version 2.2 - only if required as described ?