Solved

Pages not fully loading in IE11

Posted on 2013-12-02
10
228 Views
Last Modified: 2014-12-07
I have a particular web page that doesn't seem to load fully when viewed in IE11.

When viewing in IE10 or below the page is fine.  When viewing in IE11 half the page does not display.

When I view the source of the page much of the page does not seem to have loaded.

If I turn on compatibility mode for the website the page loads fully.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of a way for me to debug it?

I have commented out all scripts and css style sheets but that did not fix it.
0
Comment
Question by:SoLost
  • 5
  • 5
10 Comments
 
LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:ItWorked
ID: 39691626
Well have you tried comparing it with Source code(in browser). I mean to say by compability mode it's possible that data/html is coming at client side but due to html/css compability issue ( aspecially because of rendering issue by UserAgent) it may not be visible or moved out of browser or it's hidden.

If it's not in above case then you need to share the website URL so that an expert can have better look of your problem.

Thank you.
0
 
LVL 5

Author Comment

by:SoLost
ID: 39691645
Hi there,
Unfortunately the page isn't public, it requires a username and password to gain access to it.  You can sign up for a free account on www.yabba.co.nz  the problematic page is the Account Info page that you see first after logging in.

When I view in IE10 or less or in compatibility mode in IE11 I can see the full page contents.  As mentioned previously, when I right click on the page and view the source in notepad I can see all of the html all the way down to the last </html> tag.

When I view in IE11 and NOT in compatibility mode and view the source in notepad the html seems to stop part way through the page.

Surely the method above would be irrelevant of css formatting as I should still be able to see the raw page content with I view the source.
0
 
LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:ItWorked
ID: 39691661
You didn't mentioned the page name where you are having problem.
0
Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

 
LVL 5

Author Comment

by:SoLost
ID: 39691665
https://www.yabba.co.nz/club/AccountInfo.aspx

Sorry, I thought mentioning the Account Info page that you see after you first log in was enough.  Full URL is shown above.
0
 
LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:ItWorked
ID: 39691729
well, don't know but one strange behavior that I identified with IE-11 is you can't use <th></th> element in your <tbody></tbody> code.

I tested this functionality with developers tool that's available with IE and thought to verify with you that you haven't used th in body as IE-10 and other browers auto converts <th> elements to td when they are in <tbody> section.
0
 
LVL 5

Author Comment

by:SoLost
ID: 39691740
Ok, I've found out something else.

I browsed the website using IE10 and saved a copy of the source to an html file and saved it into a test folder :

http://www.yabba.co.nz/test/AccountInfo.html

The page views fine in IE11

I then copied the html file and renamed the extension to .aspx

http://www.yabba.co.nz/test/AccountInfo.aspx

The page is not fully loaded.

Could this be an issue with IIS serving the .aspx page and not the browser itself?
0
 
LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:ItWorked
ID: 39691771
well as I replied in my previous post, What I did is like
I viewed the page in IE-10 and copied HTML part. Did same way saved it as HTML and viewed it in chrome and IE-11 and both looks same.

then I viewed original Page of yours in IE-11 open developer's tool and tried editing the html from there and interestingly pasting your previous code doesn't worked.

Then i tried to adding new row in the same table but again failed. Then I tried to put th element in tbody section which also failed but when i used td it worked
0
 
LVL 5

Accepted Solution

by:
SoLost earned 0 total points
ID: 39691804
It looks like it was an IIS issue.  I applied the following hotfix to my server :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2836939/en-us

Apparently ASP.NET wasn't identifying the browser as internet explorer and things weren't rendering properly.
0
 
LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:ItWorked
ID: 39691859
Is it resolved?
0
 
LVL 5

Author Closing Comment

by:SoLost
ID: 40485305
I was the one that found the hotfix that fixed the issue.
0

Featured Post

Technology Partners: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Sometimes in DotNetNuke module development you want to swap controls within the same module definition.  In doing this DNN (somewhat annoyingly) swaps the Skin and Container definitions to the default admin selections.  To get around this you need t…
In .NET 2.0, Microsoft introduced the Web Site.  This was the default way to create a web Project in Visual Studio 2005.  In Visual Studio 2008, the Web Application has been restored as the default web Project in Visual Studio/.NET 3.x The Web Si…
Exchange organizations may use the Journaling Agent of the Transport Service to archive messages going through Exchange. However, if the Transport Service is integrated with some email content management application (such as an antispam), the admini…

685 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question