I am having trouble with vendor item numbers that look like dates, for example 10-31. When I try to do a VLookup on the row containing that value, I always get #N/A as a result, even though the value exists on the sheet. My original formula was as follows.
That worked fine for vendor item numbers that were alpha-numeric, but not for numeric values. I change it to the following which works fine for everything but one item number that looks like a date (10-31).
I have to stop the macro, manually fix the error by typing in the value instead of doing a VLookup, and then finish the macro.
I have tried formatting both columns as text before running the macro, but that makes no difference.
I'm at a loss to know how to fix this, and could really use some help.