How To Configure SQL Server Processor Use?
Posted on 2013-12-03
Points of My Scenario
1. I am admin of a SQL 2008 R2 member machine on Server 2008 R2 SP1
2. My processor config is 2 sockets of 6-core Intel Xeon X5690 at 3.47GHz, 12 threads per socket.
3. In Task Manager, the processor affinity for "sqlservr.exe" is set to "All Processors" and shows 12 "CPU" 's per node (a total of 24 CPU's) - ALL checked.
4. Memory use is on average 8GB out of a total of 32GB
5. I want to ensure that SQL Server is using all available processing power - to maximize performance.
Question: Is there a SQL command or other SQL configuration necessary to ensure that SQL Server process uses all processor cores and threads?