I have been testing image restores with Windows Storage Server 2008 R2(WD Sentinel DX3000)
This is how I have gone about it:
1. Create an Image backup of a Windows system (Actually I have created several)
2A. Create a boot-able USB key From Windows Storage Server'
2B. Copy the Full Restore drivers to the USB key stick using the Windows Storage server as directed.
3. Set the Boot options in BIOS of the machine I want to restore to boot from USB key first
4. Booted machine with USB key created
5. Go through the restore windows.
This worked fine a couple of times without loading the drivers.
Now every time I try it the restore function fails when it cannot find the storage server on the network. I know the storage server is connected because I can change the HDD out with a boo table windows drive and see the access the server over the network from the computer being restored.
1. The restore function successfully finds and updates the drivers from the USB stick but there is still no communication to the server.
Does anyone know what may be going on here?