I'm using the barcodes and process under "Standard Batch Mode" in this document to enable, store and then send batch mode data to a memo field on a form which then gets processed and used in the database:
This method overall works fine, but with a couple of things I want to improve:
1. The textbox that receives the scanned data is enabled, and the user might inadvertently change the scanned data.
2. The cursor remains in the textbox after the scanner sends the data, so the user currently has to hit the enter key or otherwise manually exit the textbox to trigger the After Update code (which I want to run automatically after receiving the data)
So a few questions about this:
1. Is it possible to programatically *read* data from the scanner rather than having the scanner send it to the database? This would take care of both of the issues I mentioned above. If so, can you point me in the direction of a good reference?
2. If not, is it possible to force the cursor to leave the textbox and trigger the after update event after the batch data is sent?
3. Is there a better approach to this that I am not aware of -- preferably with no third party software/solutions?