Solved

Removing mailbox export requests

Posted on 2013-12-06
2
4,524 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-06
Been pulling what little hair out trying to get this command to work in exchange 2013.

Background; this command "Get-MailboxExportRequest -Status Completed | Remove-MailboxExportRequest" used to work under exchange 2010. Since I've migrated my mailboxes to exchange 2013 this command no longer works. I'm receiving the following error(s);
-------------------------------------------------------------------

[PS] E:\Scripts\projects>Get-MailboxExportRequest -Status Completed | Remove-MailboxExportRequest
Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Identity'. Cannot convert value
"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" to type
"Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.MailboxExportRequestIdParameter". Error: "This IdParameter cannot find
an object of the specified type.
Parameter name: identity"
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (hoodview.fcu/TexPart Journal\:PSObject) [Remove-MailboxExportRequest],

Par
   ameterBindin...mationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,Remove-MailboxExportRequest
    + PSComputerName        : taz.hoodview.fcu

Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Identity'. Cannot convert value
"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" to type
"Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.MailboxExportRequestIdParameter". Error: "This IdParameter cannot find
an object of the specified type.
Parameter name: identity"
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (hoodview.fcu/TexPart Journal\:PSObject) [Remove-MailboxExportRequest],

Par
   ameterBindin...mationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,Remove-MailboxExportRequest
    + PSComputerName        : taz.hoodview.fcu

Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Identity'. Cannot convert value
"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" to type
"Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.MailboxExportRequestIdParameter". Error: "This IdParameter cannot find
an object of the specified type.
Parameter name: identity"
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (hoodview.fcu/TexPart Journal\:PSObject) [Remove-MailboxExportRequest],

Par
   ameterBindin...mationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,Remove-MailboxExportRequest
    + PSComputerName        : taz.hoodview.fcu
--------------------------------------------------
These are the export requests so far.

Name                                           Mailbox                                        Status
----                                           -------                                        ------
                                               hoodview.fcu/TexPart Journal                   Completed
                                               hoodview.fcu/TexPart Journal                   Completed
                                               hoodview.fcu/TexPart Journal                   Completed

I don't know where to turn at this point.
0
Comment
Question by:RichardPWolf
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
2 Comments
 
LVL 30

Accepted Solution

by:
Britt Thompson earned 500 total points
ID: 39701932
Get-MailboxExportRequest -Status Completed | Remove-MailboxExportRequest

Is the correct syntax but if these are export requests that were generated from a 2010 server you may need to run the command from the 2010 server. It doesn't look like it's pulling the correct GUID for the request so it fails.

If you can find the correct GUID for each request you should be able to remove it with something like this - Remove-MailboxExportRequest -RequestQueue MBXDB01 -RequestGuid 25e0eaf2-6cc2-4353-b83e-5cb7b72d441f
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:RichardPWolf
ID: 39701973
Thank you, problem primarily is that I was running the command from a remote session on my desktop. When I ran it from the Exch2010 box I got a resource not available error. When I ran it on the Exch2013 box it completed correctly. Looks like I need to fix my exchange shell on my desktop to run the command. This command is part of an End of Month script I use for exchange maintenance.
0

Featured Post

Problems using Powershell and Active Directory?

Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated.  If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article explains how to install and use the NTBackup utility that comes with Windows Server.
Check out this step-by-step guide for using the newly updated Experts Exchange mobile app—released on May 30.
The basic steps you have just learned will be implemented in this video. The basic steps are shown to configure an Exchange DAG in a live working Exchange Server Environment and manage the same (Exchange Server 2010 Software is used in a Windows Ser…
how to add IIS SMTP to handle application/Scanner relays into office 365.

728 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question