exchange 2003 dns / smtp changes
Posted on 2013-12-09
i have an exchange 2003 server on sbs. it's currently setup to send and receive only through googles postini spam filter service. i'm getting rid of postini and want to make sure i'm doing everything correct. here's my list of what i need to do
1. change smtp connector settings to use DNS to route instead of forwarding through postini smart host
2. change smtp virtual server connection control under access tab to allow all ip addresses to access this server (i'm not sure on how to allow all here, as my choices are; only the list below or all except the list below) also i'm not sure if this is best practice or not
3. change any firewall settings to allow external connections to exchange
4. change mx records for my mail domain to point to my server instead of the postini server
my quetions are:
1. is what i listed above best practice?
2. do i have to make changes to my reverse pointer with my isp. right now my servers ip address points to my mail domain which i believe is correct and should remain unchanged
3. how to i setup exchange to accept connections from all ip's under note #2 above?
4. is there anything that i'm missing?