After copying a virtual server from one SAN disk to Another I am not able to start up the virtual server (Windows 2008 R2) - I get the attached screen (Windows error)
I am running on 2 ESXI 5.0 hosts and configeruring through Vsphere.
This is what I have done:
1. Shut down virtual server
2. Browsed to the two folders where the vmx file and vmdk file are placed
3. Copyied all content to new disk on SAN
4. Removed the old hard disk under settings on the server in the inventory through Vsphere - and added the copied disk in the new location.
5. Started the virtual server - and it does not start
I have tried the following to fix the problem
1. Removed the copied disk and replaced it with the old disk
2. Tried to boot in the different safe modes - not possible! Goes in to blue screen very fast and then reboots into safe mode site.