I have a client Lenovo notebook running Win 7 Home Premium.
The machine can access the local network, but has no internet access.
The problem is the same with both wired and wifi network adapters.
All other machines on the same router have no problems connecting to the local network or to the internet.
The Lenovo can ping anything inside the local system, but times out on external servers.
It can resolve DNS - if I ping "google.com", it resolves to to the IP address but then gets no response.
Things I have done:
1) Restored form system restore point prior to problem
2) Disabled Firewall (No AV installed)
3) TCP/IP Resets: ipconfig /release, /renew
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset all
4) Disabled / Enabled & Uninstalled / Reinstalled both network adapters
5) Installed and Ran "RogueKiller & MBAM
(removed "SearchProtect" and "Pokki")
6) Wasted about half a day so far, and pulled out several of my scarce-already hairs...
Machine was working normally until a day or two ago. It belongs to a part-time employee who uses it remotely. He just brought it to me this morning. He said he thinks a Windows Update was respionsible.
Cannot get internet connectivity to check and apply/re-apply any updates...