Exchange Server 2010
Posted on 2013-12-16
I have a strange issue. This is a new domain and new e-mail server. The domain name is domain.local with the e-mail addresses being domain.com. When I attempt to open up Outlook 2010 and let it auto populate with Autodiscover it pulls my name and e-mail address. Once I hit next I get the following error
"The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."
On the next screen it gives me the following
Microsoft Exchange Server:
If I hit Check Name I get this message -
"The name cannot be resolved. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."
I tried putting the exchange server IP address in the server name and it still wont pull the mailbox. However, if I put one of the domain controller IP addresses in the Exchange Server box it pulls all the information and still shows the domain exactly how it's written when pulled from Autodiscover.
DNS resolves to the correct addresses too.