Clients: Windows 7, Office 2010
Server: Windows Server 2003 R2 Std SP2, Exchange 2003
In the last month I've had issues with clients Outlook disconnecting from Exchange. When this happens the client can still access the internet, connect to network drives, and use our ERP system. I've tried shutting down the clients, flushing DNS, set a static IP, renewed and released the IP address, but once the client disconnects, there is only one way to bring it back.
I have to go into the System Manger on the Exchange server, then dismount and remount the store. Almost instantly Outlook connects (I've done it with the client in front of me.)
So far it's just a couple of clients, but it happens to them on a fairly regular basis. The only thing that has changed is we added a Frond End Exchange 2003 server, but that was a few months before this started happening.
I can provide any further details. My apologies, but I'm not sure what else to look at.