CIDR IP Block setup
Posted on 2013-12-17
I just ordered CIDR IP Block from Cox.
Before I had internet connection with 60 pubic IPs from XO Communication.
When I use internet from XO, to make all computer's internet work, I just assigned each public IP to the computer and that's it.
I have setup and installed many routers for the customer but I don't know how to setup CIDR IP information to the router because CIDR IP Block is first for me.
Current my network is very simple.
No need firewall / No need special setting. / No servers.
All 60 computers are for computer gaming. (Lan / online game center)
All 60 computers need to be faced to out side internet with public IP.
On each computer, open the internet like "speedtest.net" and shows public IP of each computer - actually CIDR IP not Wan IP.
MY network info is below
dns 1/ 188.8.131.52
dns 2/ 184.108.40.206
*Cidr IP info
220.127.116.11/26 / network id
255.255.255.192 / subnet
18.104.22.168 / gateway
22.214.171.124~126 / usable IP range
126.96.36.199 / broadcasting IP
My network layout is below
Cox Modem (bridge)
Router (Dlink dir165 or Linksys E900 or Ubiquiti ERLite-3 EdgeMAX EdgeRouter Lite)
HP 2848 switch * 2
60 Gaming Computers which need to have public Ip for each computer
* I have several router. which router do you recommand for CIDR IP Block?
I don't need NAT because I will assign each IP from Cidr Block to the each computer.
I just tried setting like below
1. open router's setup page
2. put Wan Ip info to the Wan section with static IP option on the router.
3. put 188.8.131.52 and 255.255.255.192 to the Lan section on the router.
4. assign each Ip from Cidr Block to the each computer / 60 times for the 60 computes.
And I found problem. testing with Dir615 with DD-Wrt firmware
1. Each computer represent public Ip on the "speedtest.net"
2. but the problem is internet is really slow.
3. I disable firewall and NAT and reboot modem and router but no difference.
4. For the testing I connect my laptop to Cox cable modem, and no problem and no issue.
And testing with Linksys E900
1. internet up and down speed is perfect but all computers represent Wan IP on the
internet side like "speedtest.net - it shows public IP which is connected to their system"
So I thought problems are from
1. my routers are not support CIDR or
2. my concept of setting CIDR is wrong totally.
Would you check on my setting of CIDR to find out what is wrong?
Your solution will be deeply appreciated.