Help Needed in Choosing Provider
Posted on 2013-12-18
We would like to receive your thoughts about UK hosting providers. We are a company that provides web and email services in the Greater London area. We are looking for a reliable partner to provide us with hosting services. Here is what is crucial for us:
• Bandwidth / Traffic - preferably unlimited;
• Total Time to Recover as we recently had an incident and lost communication with a server for more than 24 hours and we had to restore at the end;
• The hosting provider should be able to provide FTP space aside from the server so we can have a file backup;
• Support – how fast tickets are answered and expertise of engineers;
• Re seller accounts for the suggested hosting provider can win the deal;
• UK Based IP is a must
• Where data centers are? UK Based data centers are preferred
Having said that we would like to receive your thoughts and comments on what type of servers should we go with - VPS, Cloud or Dedicated. Please bear in mind that our dedicated server failed due to a software RAID and mirror disks, we would like to avoid this for the near future.
We would prefer cloud or vps servers due to the higher SLA. So far we have been looking at Fasthost, Rackspace and 123Reg. Who is the best and why would you recommend them?
Thank you. Please send us your thoughts no matter if someone has already mentioned it.