I am doing a simple update of two tables in Access 2007 after I open a form on a button click event. The routine updates table 1, and I call a separate sub to update table 2. When the code runs it updates the first table but ignores the second update sub.
Originally I had both update actions in the same sub, ran into this problem and created two separate subs to see if it would help.
When I attach the form to the vb code to debug it, everything works 100%. I can F10 through the code, table 1 updates, the second sub fires and updates table 2.
I then put in message boxes to try and debug this without attaching the file. To my surprise, each message box showed up and the table 2 updates.
I rebooted the system, cleaned up the disk, etc and the code still doesn't update that second table except when I attach the file and F10 through the code
This is bizarre behavior and costing me hours of agony.